Why I Will Never Incubate SILKIE Eggs Again

joebryant

Crowing
11 Years
Apr 28, 2008
SW of Greenwood, INDIANA
I have bbs Orpingtons. Last spring I had one silkie hen, so I ordered six silkie eggs when she went broody. After I put them under her, it occurred to me that if I ended up with three roosters, I'd have a BIG problem. I already had one loud-mouth-never-stop-crowing blue Orpington rooster, and I could never have a silkie rooster to join in with him for a duet. Worst yet, even though I give away bbs Orpington rooster with no questions asked about their possible future, I could NEVER give away a silkie rooster without 100% assurance that he would have a good, long life. Fortunately, the USPS evidently played football with the six eggs, and only one hatched. I was more than overjoyeed when she laid an egg instead of crowing because until her egg came, I had no idea whether she was a hen or a rooster.
So, for me, increasing my silkie population will only be done by my buying silkie hens that are already laying eggs.

HAAAAAAAAAAA.

She just is not getting it! Evidently she has no silkies.
lol.png

They are evil fuzzy little creatures but they are not chickens. That is what my FIL says. He saw Paris my silkie hen in the run and said, "What the heck is that?" A chicken Dad, what does it look like? "Well it sure doesn't look like a chicken"
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom