Why is it that Americans need Hyperbole ?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Pagan Prince, Feb 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pagan Prince

Pagan Prince Chillin' With My Peeps

I will first bow to a nation that I respect as a whole, but puzzle over so much.

I would like to hear the reason that the modern American (I have no idea about the original inhabitants attitude. Another thread for that ?) Needs to express so fervently and often agressiveley that Jehovah loves them and they are so great ?

I speculate that it may be that every state is like a seperate nation and the "Federal glue" keeps them as one. The rest of it is flag waving to support the Federal effort for unity ?

IN NO WAY DO I MEAN DISRESPECT. I am foriegn and different ... To me it is alien. If someone at work did it, I'd think them insecure. My boss at work? I'd suspect them of trying to brainwash me (Like when I worked for Kirby).... The government or other agency ? I'd laugh .....

The only wierdness to match it. (JHHO and no insult meant) is the way China gets everyone jumping around to the same tune....

FFS ! We have a flag that is the cross of a Turkish/Palastinian Centurion ! (Red cross of St. George) Not the Englalish of the Saxon ... white dragon. We're a "B astard nation" as everyone else is ..... Who's the Daddy ? William "The B astard Userper" Left England to "God" because he was so terrible to the English/saxon. A little while later we have a bloomin' Foriegn red cross for a flag ! As I said .... The thinking man of England tends not to be nationalistic unless "Right wing and Fascist" ... sad. And not a flag waving situation.

One exception ...... Last Night at the proms ! Land of Hope and Glory ETC... [​IMG]

Now ...... Without insulting me or my country, could some articulate and POLITE individual help me understand ?

Expect Jibes or reporting to the admins if you get nasty....

2. aubreynoramarie

aubreynoramarie designated lawn flamingo

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    Ooookay!

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Nevermind.. [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
  4. scbatz33

scbatz33 No Vacancy, Belfry Full

Jan 23, 2009
    South GA
    National pride.....I suspect in the UK there is a similar pride as with your home country.

Americans disagree on a lot of things....you've probably noticed right here on this board. However, national pride...pride in country, pride in heritage. Those are the glue that holds us together.

We all know, even if we don't express it daily, that we are blessed to be in this country, to have the advantages that comes with being here. That is why so many people from around the world immigrate here. It's why my great grandparents came....America, for all it's faults is still the "land of Opportunity". People can come here with nothing and make something if they work hard.

5. elizabethbinary

elizabethbinary Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Well... they don't really anymore. They're starting to doubt their own claims as the power becomes hungrier, I've noticed.

And put the bottle down before you rant! That was hard to follow!

6. aubreynoramarie

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    Call me obtuse but I don't understand what you're trying to ask. What's the jehovah thing about? Modern amerca is made up of hundreds of different religions and beliefs.. Not just jehovas. I've only met one jehovas witness in my entire life. He was one of those door to door kids. I told him I wasn't interested, gave him a glass of water, and then we just talked about the weather for a while.

7. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
  8. aubreynoramarie

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    Quote:I was gonna ask if op was a little tipsy, glad you got that out of the way..

9. dkosh

dkosh Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2010
    Eastern MA
    Quote:I couldn't have said it any better!

10. scbatz33

scbatz33 No Vacancy, Belfry Full

Jan 23, 2009
    South GA
    Quote:I don't think they mean specifically reference to Jehovah's witnesses but to Jehovah...ie God

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by