Why is it that?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Trooper Man, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Trooper Man

Trooper Man Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2014
    I have been looking over on rarebreedauctions.com. I have noticed that people over there price their shipping very high. I have shipped I would say close to 50 birds and have never charged what some people do on there. I was wondering why they do that? I watched a few bids closely and even thought about bidding because they were going for a reasonable price until I looked at how much they want for shipping. I know for a fact that shipping is not that expensive. I have shipped trios of chickens to California from TN for a little over $100. Good sized birds too. I see people asking $100 a bird on there for shipping. Is that their way of getting the most money possible even if their bird they are auctioning off does not go for much? I hope I did not offend anyone I was just shocked at some of the requests on shipping money. Like I said I thought about bidding on a few birds and do not mind paying but I know the shipping does not cost them that much to ship.[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
  2. Trooper Man

Trooper Man Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2014
    Any educated guesses? I have seen some beautiful chickens on there but was turned away because of the shipping prices. I am just trying to figure it out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by