WHY is lockdown so HARD??!!?!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by LilMissChz, Apr 18, 2012.

1. LilMissChz

LilMissChz Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2012
    North East, Maryland
    I locked down last night and don't expect to hatch until Friday.... yet here I am on Wednesday night, nervously checking the eggs for signs of pipping and movement.

What is wrong with me??!!![​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  2. TaylorHobbyFarms

TaylorHobbyFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2010
    Nothing is wrong with you...unless there's something wrong with me too. [​IMG] I use to constantly check on my eggs during lock down and go crazy watching them and worrying. Now I either keep myself busy during lockdown or run errands so that I can't be watching.

3. BroosterSpringsteen

BroosterSpringsteen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    NW North Carolina
    I locked down last night as well, and I am the same! I had to make a rule for myself that I can only check the bator once an hour. I'm actually getting a backache from hunching over and peering through the window.

4. croach510

croach510 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 27, 2012
    Quinton, Va
    I locked down today at 1pm. I find I keep going in to check on mine to, to see if I can hear any peeps or if the eggs are moving. If I don't see any movement I get worried somethings wrong. Lockdown is such a stressfull time. [​IMG]

5. smchickfarm

smchickfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2010
    Waynesville,OH
    nothing wrong with you!!!! [​IMG] It is addicting and exciting!!!!![​IMG] I am usually parked in a chair just watching and waiting for something to happen! [​IMG]

GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!! [​IMG]

6. LilMissChz

LilMissChz Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2012
    North East, Maryland
    Well I have decided to get away from the house tomorrow because I'm making myself crazy. It's like 3 long days of torture... not to mention how hard it is if they don't hatch quickly.

7. croach510

Mar 27, 2012
    Quinton, Va
    I agree. I find myself going in to listen for any peeps and see any movement ready to pull my hair out.[​IMG] Tomorrow will be day 20 for me and so far nothing, so I'm going into town tomorrow and run some errands. Hoping when I get home will here some peeps. [​IMG] I feel like if I don't see movement all is not well, but I keep telling myself at this stage they are to big to be doing alot of moving. That I just need to be patient.

8. croach510

Mar 27, 2012
    Quinton, Va
    Going to town got me away from the bator, but when I returned still nothing. [​IMG] Anybody else got peeps or pips happening yet?[​IMG] Sending good vibes for a good hatch, good luck. Keep me posted.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  9. chickenmommy1

chickenmommy1 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 16, 2012
    I was a nervous wreck for the long 3 day wait. I was convinced something was wrong and ready to give up and others talked me down to the ground again LOL and I have 4 littles ones now and waiting on 13 more..... HANG IN THERE we are all in this together[​IMG]

10. BroosterSpringsteen

BroosterSpringsteen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    NW North Carolina
    I know! It' so hard isn't it? I always have to force myself to get out of the house on hatch days. It's even hard to go to work. I could stare at the bator for hours, but it does go by so much faster if you keep yourself busy. It reminds of being a kid at Christmas. I would go to bed early, so the day would arrive faster, but I could never get to sleep!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by