Why is my chick opening and closign his mouth?

AikoGami

Chirping
Mar 25, 2021
Before he did this I was giving him some little scratches behind his neck, like how you do parrots, and then he stared doing this and I began to worry. After I stopped he only did It a few times for a minute or so. Is it maybe because of the way his feathers moved when i scratched him? Should I not pet/scratch chicks? He's 2 months old. Sorry I'm such a worry chick mama😔
Hope I inserted the video correctly, I'm new to this😔
Chick video opening mouth

It looks like he's adjusting his crop, most likely nothing to worry about, especially if he's acting just fine otherwise :)
Yes, he went to acting normal afterwards😊. Do you think I shouldn't give him scratches anymore?

If he’s uncomfortable, he’ll let you know. I used to have a chicken that would fall asleep in my lap with her necked stretched out and relaxed. I stroked her all the way from her head to her tail, she loved it :)

If he’s uncomfortable, he’ll let you know. I used to have a chicken that would fall asleep in my lap with her necked stretched out and relaxed. I stroked her all the way from her head to her tail, she loved it :)
Thank you for the help! 😭💕

Back
Top Bottom