Why is my incubator still cooling at day 20?

Justylernoann

Hatching
6 Years
Jan 2, 2014
I'm at day 20 with my brinsea mini advance incubator, the turning feature automatically turned off like it said it would, but the cooling feature did not shut off. I just happened to look at my eggs and it said the temp was at 85.4!! I turned it off manually, but the temp has not started rising yet! I have two pips and they are peeping away in there, but I'm worried they will get cold! what do I do? The humidity levels are high, and everything else seems to be perfect but the darn heating!

Get out the instruction sheets and fidgit with the temperature control. You can reset to the temperature you want it to stay. Turn off the Automatic (I never use automatic turner), but hand turn all through the 21 days, 3 or 4 times a day is all that is necessary) And I candle at day 4 (bantam eggs) and several more times, when the lid is off. Hens sometimes are off their eggs for up to an hour--no worry about opening the Brinsea~ Eggs are dated and band numbers of parents written on one side, so easy to turn each time. And as they hatch, I color mark the chicks if not all the same parentage. The success hatch rate is usually 100% and I can remove infertile eggs, if any, early on. Also you can identify a breach position, so can be prepared to help that chick get air at the pointy end to hatch safely--or help it pipping if it can't turn around by itself. I love my little Brinsea and while I use setting hens, also, it is good for special eggs with no hens setting or winter hatching when COLD in my area, and I can raise the chicks in the house (shoe boxes--then move to a larger box, until older and feathered well enough to go under a light in the Poultry house! Good luck.

Thanks :) I went in and turned off the cooling feature, and also raised the temperature a few degrees to 99.8....but the silly thing is still saying it is cooling and has settled at 83 degrees....I'm hoping it will start raising itself again after an hour or so has passed, if not I'll try resetting the entire incubator, but I'm worried about my little pipping peeping eggs...they are still making noises and i can see the eggs moving so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it wont bother them too much!

Back
Top Bottom