Why is one hen singing the eggs laying song at 8 at night?

chickenmama109

Free Ranging
6 Years
Mar 5, 2017
texas
Hi I have 12 hens one rooster and it was 8 at night and getting dark when all the other hens were going and getting ready to roost there was that one hen that always goes in last to roost and for some odd reason she was singing the egg laying song but why she was not in the coop or the laying box and she did not lay an egg there was no predator that I could see and she did not lay why was she singing the song

They ARE strange little creatures aren't they lol
So I did google it - don't know why I hadn't thought of that - and I've heard the egg song before, I didn't know that's what it was. I always thought they were angry about getting evicted from their favourite nest by another hen

Good grief between 730-0900 in the morning it sounds like a chicken massacre at my house as that is when mine all do their laying. The ones laying, the ones already laid and gonna lay plus roosters and two guineas cheering them on lol my poor bunny Ms Stoney gets a rude awakening!! One day I may just see her with a credit card reserving a room at a quiet b and b somewhere!!

Good grief between 730-0900 in the morning it sounds like a chicken massacre at my house as that is when mine all do their laying. The ones laying, the ones already laid and gonna lay plus roosters and two guineas cheering them on lol my poor bunny Ms Stoney gets a rude awakening!! One day I may just see her with a credit card reserving a room at a quiet b and b somewhere!!
Mine started going one by one EVERYONE got going. It was just too funny. I got it on video as soon as I started laughing they stopped and walked away. Ruined the moment.

Back
Top Bottom