Why is she doing this?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by McCord6, Nov 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. For some reason, after Thanksgiving, my 3 year old daughter wont stop peeing her pants. She never done this before but for the last few days she is going through 4 to 5 pairs of pants a day! Thursday night to Saturday afternoon she had Mommy and Daddy's entire attention just to her since DD2 is with a friend (they dont want to give her back! LOL) and DS was with their aunt for a boys slumber party for 2 nights. Thanksgiving she did wet her pants once, not unusual when there is alot going on but Friday she went through 4 pair of pants, Saturday 3, and Sunday (today) she went through 5!

What could be the problem and how do I get her to stop going in her pants?

2. ArizonaNessa

ArizonaNessa Joyfully Addicted

Apr 7, 2009
    Texas
    I sucked at potty training my children so I am no help there but my sister has a friend and her potty trained daughter started doing what your child is doing and it turned out that she had a very severe urinary tract infection which made her feel like she needed to pee all the time. I am not trying to worry you but it is something to think about. The lady treated her child as per doctors advice, it cleared up and her child went back to her normal potty routine without accidents. It might also be an attention getting thing for her. She knows that she will get a reaction be it good or bad from mommy or daddy if she wets her pants. Toddlers are sneaky like that.

3. Im thinking it might be attention but she had us all to herself for 2 days, no brother or sister around. She does come up to us and do the "potty dance" which we have to tell her to hurry up and go to the bathroom but then she doesn't make it to the toilet in time. She been potty trained since she was a little over 2 years old, she potty trained herself, just decided she didn't want to wear a diaper anymore and didn't have a problem since. She does have accidents though but never like this.

It's gets fusterating for me since it's hard enough to keep up with the laundry. She goes back to school today and Im worried of her having too many accidents at school.

4. twentynine

twentynine Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2009
    Kid has been farmed out to the friend's house, right?
    And you don't expect the child to have some sort of security, emotional or attention problem?
    Even a 3 year old knows when things ain't going right.

5. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

Quote:Wrong kid, the wetter is at home, the older one is at a friends house the way I read it.
    Reading Comprehension skills and internet clarity are non-exclusive.

6. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    If it is not a developing UTI I would think the cause was emotional due to all that is going on within your family right now.Send extra cloths to school with her.At 3 she could even stay home to save on daycare cost,and that might help with the seperation issues.Patience,love,and getting the home issues in order will I bet help reduce this issue.Let your child's doctor know what is going on with her.

7. DAFox

DAFox Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2009
    SW MO in Vernon Co
    It is very important to rule out a physical cause first! Get her to a doctor today! That she has only regressed in urinating, and so often, seems to me that she might have a Urinary tract infection.

If it is emotional you might see other regression..like baby talk, etc.

Dale-Ann

8. chickabator

chickabator Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    ky
    I had a cousin who wet the bed till he was almost 13. The dr. said that his body was outgrowing his bladder, but I believe I would have her checked for a UTI excpeially if she takes bubble baths. They cause them all the time.

9. The baby is at a friends house still only because they want to keep her. I did tell them I need her back by Wednesday. They just love her so much.
    My oldest was at my husband's step sister in law's house for 2 nights just to play with her boys.

I dont pay for Katelyn's pre-school. She is hearing impaired and in an ESE class that is free.
    Im going to go ahead and call the dr and see if he will check her out to see if maybe it could be an infection or something of the short. Her attitude lately has also been nasty. She never been the one to throw a temper but for the last few days, she has been and it been ugly. She is my mellow child, always easy to please, and easily entertained even by herself. She HATES to be center of attention, she likes to have attention, yes, but not by more then 1 or 2 people. She is VERY shy and prefers to keep to herself. The last 4 days, it been the complete opposite that I dont now this child anymore. Could be that she is missing her little sister. I will also call my friend up and see if I can snag her back before Wednesday (they seriously do OVERLY enjoy Lily, they DO NOT want to bring her back, everyone just loves her. Hard to resist a 1 year olds charm!)

10. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Quote:X2

And also, a 3 year old isn't normally 100% potty trained no matter what you think. I have yet to have a kid totally out of diapers at that age, and I have a lot of kids!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by