Why is she doing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you asked her why all of a sudden she is having this problem? I found that by age 3, I was able to talk to my kids and ask them questions. On something like this, she might be able to help you understand what is causing it. I.e., a PP suggested UTI. She won't be able to tell you that but she might be able to indicate that either she needs to pee all the time or it hurts (burns) to pee, or something that will give you a clue that this is the cause. Otherwise, if she tells you just "forgot", it could indicate she is being a normal 3-year-old who gets so busy playing she leaves it to the last minute to go and then doesn't quite make it, or it could mean that she is feeling insecure/angry about how things have been lately, and taking control of the one thing she CAN control. In any case, I would try to have the conversation with her, and see if she can clue you in as to what is happening with her. If you wind up feeling it is behavioural, I would suggest a positive reward system. I.e. if she goes half a day with no accident, she gets a treat (worked out between the two of you in advance). After a few days, up the ante to no accident all day, then 2 days, then a week, and so on. This will help her feel in control again and will be a win-win for both of you.

Quote:
By the way, just a friendly warning..... with all the information you've shared to total strangers over the internet..... I'd quit that.
My reasoning is simple.. I am a mandatory reporter. If I knew you, your name, address or phone number, I would be required to report you to Child Protective Services. You can't keep the electric on, you can't get your husband off the video games hence no income, you are having a 4th baby when you're still having a hard time financially, you farmed off your kids when things got tough (which was the right call IMHO, hard as it seems) and now you are waffling about getting your 1 year old back from friends who've had her since your problems started.

Your situation is so Iffy that it would be a hard call for neglect in some manner. If nothing else, CPS could direct you guys towards community resources to improve your situation. Sorry if I'm being harsh, but I am in the Kid business so to speak.

PS, I was curious, when your electricity was off, how were you still able to get on the internet?

I would definitly check the UTI thing out - have had one dd with it and she was crying cause of the urge to pee ALL the time.
either that she is stressed out - picking up on your stress and the situation at home. I had my 18 mnth old regress ( she was fully potty trained night time naps everything) when we had a stressful move to a new town.
It happens. could be a combination of both.

Boyd...I'm not in the "kid business," but still...I totally agree.

The more I read....starving livestock, utilities being cut off, kids scattered here and yon with another kid on the way, a 3yo that's suddenly throwing tantrums and started wetting again, FIL paying the bills only to be criticized for having the audacity to speak out about the not-great situation his grandkids are living in...yet there's money and time for plenty of internet activity like bantering here, posting videos of the kids, etc...the whole thing just seems like a gigantic hot mess.

I will lock this now.

I am sure the OP is grateful for all the advice.
smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom