why is so hard to find standard white cornish

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ElGayo, Sep 12, 2010.

1. ElGayo

ElGayo New Egg

Sep 11, 2010
    nyc
    Hi guys, I have looked all over for the white standard side Cornish, ether hatching eggs or chicks. I will prefer the hatching eggs,
    but no one has them. Any one has a clue on where to find them or who might have some? Thanks

Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
  2. EricH

EricH Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2010
    Valley Springs, ca
    same with me... whats the deal here?!

everyone says how abundant they are... thats all they use for breeding stock for CX.... so what gives?

Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
  3. BlueBirdChick

BlueBirdChick On Vacation

Aug 13, 2010
    Absarokee, Montana
    Ive got Dark cornish but their bantams though sorry [​IMG] Ill keep my eye out next time Im looking for chicks or hatching eggs and let you guys know okay [​IMG]

4. EricH

EricH Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2010
    Valley Springs, ca
    its easy to find bantam standard white. Only Dark, RLW, or sometimes buff in the standard size. Even though they wouldnt have the Krypton gene, i think it'd still make a nice dual purpose breed to mix white rock and cornish.

5. ElGayo

ElGayo New Egg

Sep 11, 2010
    nyc
    thank you bluebird for the time, i will appreciate it.

6. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

Your best bet is to get your hands on some White Cornish Bantams an let them run with some Standard White Laced Red Cornish. after a few generations you will get there. The ones used to breed chicken house chickens are not pure breed Cornish. You may get lucky an find some at a show somewhere but the standard whites are hard to get your hands on.

7. Surehatch

Surehatch Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2009
    Georgia
    Good suggestion

8. ElGayo

ElGayo New Egg

Sep 11, 2010
    nyc
    I was thinking about getting some red lace and hope that some of the hatch would come out all white:D

9. CORNISH_MAN

CORNISH_MAN Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2010
    CALVARY,KY
    Quote:I have standard white cornish but dont have any available forsale right now. They are also show quality.

10. ashlynnfarm

ashlynnfarm New Egg

Nov 13, 2012
    I would be interested in some when you have them.. Do you ship eggs or chicks to Florida?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by