1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Why is there no 'chat' option showing up for me?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Liamm_1, Feb 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Liamm_1

Liamm_1 Chillin' With My Peeps

I have recently switched from my laptop to primarily using my pc. Is there some reason that I don't see the 'chat' button anywhere?

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    There is no chat anymore...

3. Liamm_1

wow, really?! why is that, it was a good resource. How about they put back chat and start locking, merging useless threads like a good forum should?

4. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    Quote:Careful, you're bordering on questioning moderator decisions. There are some threads explaining why chat was stopped.

5. Liamm_1

Quote:Careful, you're bordering on questioning moderator decisions. There are some threads explaining why chat was stopped.

Bordering? lol
    I am without a doubt 'questioning' the decisions made in this forum, by whoever makes them. I for one think the chat was a good resource. I also think there are way too many useless threads, multiple threads, and no enforcement of such. I am not aware of any such chat related threads, but thanks for your input. I just noticed a while back that I saw no chat button, so I've wondered why.

6. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010

Bordering? lol
    I am without a doubt 'questioning' the decisions made in this forum, by whoever makes them. I for one think the chat was a good resource. I also think there are way too many useless threads, multiple threads, and no enforcement of such. I am not aware of any such chat related threads, but thanks for your input. I just noticed a while back that I saw no chat button, so I've wondered why.

Maybe you could check out the "Website, Forum Feedback and announcements" forum. This link would be helpful too [​IMG]

7. Liamm_1

I found the explanation already, thanks.

8. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by