Why is this so exciting?!?!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Imissmyroofabio, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Imissmyroofabio

Imissmyroofabio Out Of The Brooder

Dec 18, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    Ok I feel the need to mention how awkwardly excited I am about 2 new things in my kitchen. What? A cactus I named Carl and a Venus Fly Trap I named Louis. My am I so excited? I'm not sure.. but is there anything you have been over obsessing about lately? If so, say so down below! Or you can make fun of me down below for naming my plants....

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hopefully 'Carl' and 'Louis' will do well in their new home. Sourland obsess? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Capvin

Capvin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2011
    Lake Placid, FL
    Since this is April Fool's Day I am certain that this is a trick because no one would name a Venus Fly Trap after a man. I am certain that there are several very nice ladies on this site who would be glad to give you alternate naming suggestions that would be more apropos

4. punk-a-doodle

punk-a-doodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    You are so excited because cacti and Venus fly traps are cool. Always name mine because they have so much personality...never do for any other plant though. Check out air plants for yet another obsession-worthy plant group.

5. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    Unless "Louise" was what she meant.

I would love a cactus... I wonder if the ones at the health food store are for sale...

I had a scarecrow named Bob... But he died 3 years ago and I haven't replaced him. [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  6. Imissmyroofabio

Dec 18, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    Actually his name is Louis, because one of my mom's friend's name is Louis and Louis has a terrible sense of humor so we named it Louis. This isn't a april fools joke.. I dead serious :)

what's wrong with naming it louis in the first place? Why would it matter like it did to Capvin? I don't see anything wrong with it and why isn't it apropos?

Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
  7. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    I don't see anything wrong with naming it Louis. Perhaps it's just a matter of personal preference.

I might be getting a cactus soon. I'm going to name it. ^.^

8. Imissmyroofabio

Dec 18, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    thank you, as there is nothing wrong. it's just like naming thing steve, bob, jim bob or what ever.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by