Why is...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Jsto, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Jsto

Jsto Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2007
    North Carolina
    ...the feed store so bloomin' dangerous?!?! [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Queen of the Lilliputians

Queen of the Lilliputians Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2007
    Maine
    LOL! Too cute!! I love those babies.. maybe in my next group. [​IMG]

I'm lucky I think.. my feedstore only carried the kinds I bought. I'm kinda glad that they don't carry a selection, 'cause dh might change his mind on "whatever you want honey"!!

-Meghan

3. Jsto

Jsto Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2007
    North Carolina
    LOL! I've been lucky thus far because my usual 'feed store' is actually a small hardware store that carries a small selection of various feeds and no live animals. They were out of starter and I was tooling about town today anyway, so went a town over to the only feedstore that was open and had what I wanted food wise. Big mistake. It's a family run feedstore....and poultry paradise. Chickens, peacocks, geese, ducks, guinea, turkeys, these gigantic Japanese chickens that were just ridiculously mutant-like...everything.

I was in heaven and almost walked out with at least 10 more (they had the sweetest Polish chicks), but restrained myself and stuck to just one. I would've been ok, but gah! Just look at her! She's the same age as mine and one fiesty/independent little thing!

4. linpach farms

linpach farms Out Of The Brooder

Apr 20, 2007
    Maryland
    How cute! None of the feed stores around me carry chicks, they all have to be special ordered. I guess that is a good thing for me, or I would be bringing home new chicks every week. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by