1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Why Me?Chicks Ship Today!UPDATE:Ideal Rocks!!-Pics Added!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by mylilchix, Mar 25, 2009.

1. mylilchix

mylilchix Chillin' With My Peeps

I ordered chicks from Ideal back in January, in hopes that the weather would be a little more mild then they ship. Wouldn't you know it the weather has been warm all winter, and when my chicks are finally getting ready to ship the weather people are hyping the first major winter storm we've had all winter!!! [​IMG] The storm blows in tomorrow and Friday and my babies are due to arrive Friday morning. [​IMG] I'm hoping everyone will be ok!!

Sonja

Last edited: Mar 26, 2009
  2. mamaKate

mamaKate Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2008
    SE MO
    That IS bad timing. Hope they're ok.

3. mylilchix

Me too!! I called Ideal to tell them that I have no problem with packing peanuts to keep my babies warm. The local P.O. knows too. They told me that they'll let the driver from Denver to Conifer know. I guess when the driver knows that there are chicks he'll put them in the heated cab with him. Here's hoping!! [​IMG]

Sonja

4. mrsengeseth

mrsengeseth Chillin' With My Peeps

what bad timing!! Hope they arrive fine and spunky!

5. mylilchix

Woohoo!!! My babies arrived safe and sound!! [​IMG] I got a call at 8:15am from the P.O. letting me know my chicks had arrived. Every single one made it. I drove down to the P.O. in a blizzard, but we're home. I ordered 5 pullets, and received 13 packing peanuts!! lol [​IMG] Anyone need a roo? I'm incredibly impressed with Ideal's service with this order. [​IMG] Off to snuggle fuzzy butts!

Sonja

6. RendonRoo

RendonRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2009
    ft. worth
    I have to agree. Ideal is great. I went there yesterday to pick up my latest fuzzybutt order(250 miles round trip). When i got there i met Shannon(the nice lady i deal with) and that was a big mistake.LOL She was very nice as usual and since i drove that distance to pick up my order and meet her she threw in an extra pullet and roo. Well that put me at 27 chicks in my flock. I only have room for 12 to 14 so i'll be building another coop and run soon. Think i may build extra big. LOL Good luck to all

7. TXmom

TXmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Congrats on your healthy fuzz-butts! My Ideal chicks came to me perfect in January also...Yay Ideal [​IMG]

8. Chew593

Chew593 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Sending thought of warmth and sunshine. Best of luck to the little guys!

9. Chickie Mamma

Chickie Mamma Farmer at Heart

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    Congrats on the babies.. but don't forget.... we need....
    [​IMG]

10. mylilchix

Here are some fuzzy butt pics!! I ordered 5 pullets a black langshan, a blue cochin, a gold sex link, a New Hampshire red, and a silver spangled spitzhauben. Then there are our 13 packing peanuts, oh my!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sonja

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by