Why must my favorite chicks be looking like Roos?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Mycookoonest, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Mycookoonest

Mycookoonest Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2008
    Hudson Valley NY
    I have two favorite chicks. They are really starting to turn into nice and lovey dovey chicks... BUT one we call Robin (because he looked like a baby robin) the comb is turning red already, and Rommel (My problem child before but is turning into my sweetie) has a pronounced comb and is starting to get some waddles on him... they are 4.5 weeks old and some other babies are starting to grow waddles... I can pretty much tell the roos now from the placid ladies but we'll see I guess...

UGH We can't keep roos... I'm trying to convince DH that we can if we figure out a way to just keep them from crowing at all hours of the day and night!

2. Karlachix

Karlachix Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    NorthEast
    It's Murphy's chicken law. The first chicken that I named turned out to be a rooster. [​IMG]

Sorry!

3. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Quote:LMAO That is what I was gonna post [​IMG]

Sorry, it's how it seems to go. [​IMG] We've ALL been there!

4. PAChickenChick

PAChickenChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    Quote:I am with you Sister....my kid's favorite (Poachy) is starting to worry me too....I'm not allowed to have Roos per the township...so it's gonna break my kid's hearts if we gotta get rid of Poachy. [​IMG] Hopefully I'm wrong.

5. Davaroo

Davaroo Poultry Crank

Feb 4, 2007
    Leesville, SC
    Murphys Law of Chicken Naming. I like that.

Ahhh, the joys of straight run.

6. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    I think my dh's chick. the one he picked out and named.. is a boy.
    Again... it figures. I will have to figure out a way to keep him. But atleast the name switch shouldnt be too hard. Chicks name is currently Ingrid. So it would either be Igor or Humphrey:D

Luckily all the ones I named are girls;)

7. Reinbeau

Reinbeau The Teapot Underground Premium Member

Quote:If only mine were straight run. Out of 15 it looks like I've got 3 roos - supposedly I was buying all girls. My main problem with it is out of three Golden Laced Wyandottes it looks like there are two roos. And a Buff Orp roo. Darnit.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by