Why my hubby is special

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by gritsar, May 14, 2010.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    DH doesn't like chickens, or claims not to. He grew up on this farm when it was a commercial chicken farm and he dealt with thousands of chickens day in and day out, plus ate them for supper most nights when times were tough.
    Tonight the skies suddenly turned very dark and I looked out and realized my chickens were reluctant to go into their coop because even though I had the window shutters partially open it was pretty dark inside.
    DH went out in the pouring rain mixed with golfball-sized hail, holding a flashlight to entice the chooks into the coop and waited patiently while I adjusted some positioning on the roosts and told each one goodnight.
    That's why my hubby is special.
    Plus, tomorrow is our first anniversary and he hasn't killed me yet (even though he often reminds me that he has 80 acres and a shovel). [​IMG]

2. mylittlechickpea

mylittlechickpea Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2010
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Sweet. Very sweet. [​IMG]

3. bwebb7

bwebb7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2008
    Brooksville, Fl
    precious!

4. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    I like the "80 acres and a shovel." I've always used 12 acres and a swamp. My guess is that he receives the same degree of consideration from you.

5. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:I try to be just as good a wife to him as he is a husband to me. [​IMG]

6. verthandi

verthandi Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2007
    Maine
    Only 7 acres here...but a huge manure pile. [​IMG] I think you better keep a man that will run out in a hail storm for a while.

7. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Awwwwwww, that is VERY sweet! What a comedian he is!! [​IMG] Sounds alot like what my hubby would say! [​IMG]

8. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Happy Anniversary [​IMG]

9. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Thanks [​IMG]

10. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress