Why my texan pioneer hen doesn't lay eggs?

michalis6

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jul 7, 2012
Cyprus,Eu
Hello! I have twelve pigeons that aren't any breed but they are good breeders and nice pets.However only a pair of them is a breed(texan pioneers). The problem is that i have them almost three years and they never lay eggs. I am sure they are a pair because i always see them mating.Also they usually make their nest and sit in it for several hours.I believe that i am not making something wrong as all of my other pigeons had a lot of babies. I look forward to hear your views about that and i hope to find a solution, as i feel sorry seeing them not have any babies.! Thank you very much!
big_smile.png

Here are some pics:

*the grey one is the female,and the white on is the male.

Sounds like you may have two ♂ gay birds. That is my best guess. Or a ♀ with ovarian problems. Either way you are in need of an egg layer maybe 2.

You and I should get together I have a lesbian pair that I myself put together and I thought they to were a definite pair. Until one day their were 4 eggs in their nest.

I have been unable to break up this union however they are excellent foster parents and sometimes their eggs are fertile (but do not bet any money on it).

Last edited:
Thank you Hokum Coco, your reply is very helful.I have never think that they are both males as they always active like a normal pair.However, if they are both males i will try to pair up with other crossbreed pigeons(i live in Cyprus where is a little hard to find, other pioneer pigeons)Again thank you.Have a nice day!
wink.png

if they are pure texan pioneers the male are white with small flecks of color hen are the solid colored birds like you pictured

Back
Top Bottom