Why no egg today????

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by MelissaTXRn, Oct 31, 2013.

1. MelissaTXRn

MelissaTXRn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2013
    One of my golden sex links started laying several days ago. She has laid the perfect eggs for 3 days in a row until today. No egg today on day 4. Does anyone know why?

2. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    i dont know why unless her cycle just isnt regulated yet but i will tell you this, i brought home a laying hen yesterday with an obvious egg in the making , i have 50 hens so i went to get an egg to show the new one where i want her to lay( she is in quarantine ) and there was not one egg to be had out there!

3. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Because she's a living animal, not a vending machine [​IMG] No hen lays an egg every day, especially when they just start laying. Even the best layers take days off, 6 eggs per week is really good. new layers also do funky things like forget to put the shell on, double yolks, no yolks, weird shells with bumps/lumps/ridges, oh and the ever-popular meat spots inside the egg. She's perfectly normal.

4. MelissaTXRn

Jun 3, 2013
    W
    ouldnt you know it. Silly girls:)

5. MelissaTXRn

Jun 3, 2013
    I knew about all of the funky stuff but I start getting worried about my girls @ the slightest change. :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by