1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Why No Eggs ????

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by ktown55, May 23, 2010.

1. ktown55

ktown55 In the Brooder

Nov 24, 2009
    East Tenn..
    Hello Everyone, I Just Bought Two Hens (Dominique's) I've Had them For A Week Now..The Guy I Got Them From Said They Were A Year Old, And Was Laying......I'd Just Like To Know What There Laying, Because It Isn't Eggs...I Even Put Eggs From Other Hens I Have Around Here In there Nesting Box's.Oh And Even A Golf Ball Too...I Had Light On them Most Of The Night Last Night With No Luck ! Can Anyone Help Me Out With This One? thanks And Have A Great Day......Ktown..[​IMG]:barnie

2. gvntofly05

gvntofly05 Songster

Sep 21, 2009
    IN
    After a move a hen can take a while to adjust to her new home. Most will stop laying for a few weeks while they adjust. It is quite normal.

3. NurseNettie

NurseNettie Songster

Feb 13, 2008
    Northern Maine
    They're just getting settled. Are they molting at all? This can also decrease/ stop production temporarily, but usually, they won't lay until they are comfortable somewhere- but they'll start soon! [​IMG]

Quote:

4. bturbo87

bturbo87 Songster

Apr 22, 2010
    south
    i did the same thing with 2 doms just 2 weeks ago, one starting giving me eggs about 3-4 days after they got here, and the other one is just starting, and its almost like shes relearning to lay, since theyre only coming about once every three days and they are an assortment or sizes and colors. just give them time.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by