Why not? I've had every other critter under the sun.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Xenia's Chickens, May 21, 2010.

1. Xenia's Chickens

Xenia's Chickens Out Of The Brooder

May 21, 2010
    Connecticut
    My Coop
    I am a disabled veterinarian and I live in a rural area. Over the years I've accumulated (adopted) lots of unwanted pets of all shapes and sizes, from lion cubs to parakeets. I recently adopted 12 adorable little chicks. They are now about 6 weeks old and my husband wants them out of the house. So- here I go!

2. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Welcome to chicken-love! Hope we can help if you have any questions.

3. SAORSA

SAORSA Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2010
    Wine Country
    [​IMG]

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE TO OUR COUNTRY [​IMG]

You have come to the right place.
    If you don't get a response to a post, you need to give yourself a bump or look for the answer to your question via the search box, (upper right of your screen).
    It all depends on someone catching your post before it falls behind on the page. Even then there are some who go to the unanswered post pages to catch some of the missed questions.

SO HAPPY TO HAVE YOU HERE [​IMG]

4. biddybird

biddybird Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    Salado Texas
    [​IMG] Your are going to find this very addictive!![​IMG]

5. Andi

Andi Chillin' With My Peeps

Haha! Its a good thing some of those guys are so practical, because some of us gals would keep them inside. Well, actually, some have.

Anyway, welcome to BackYardChickens! I'm sure you'll enjoy the community here. There's so much to learn, and its not even all poultry stuff! If you're into cooking, check out the recipes! Some are to die for!

Enjoy your adventures!

6. Iluvmypeeps

Iluvmypeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Arizona
    Hi there, a warm welcome to the forums! Have a look around, get comfortable. There's plenty to learn here, and people who are always ready to help.

What an interesting job you have, rescuing animals. Like Saorsa said, thank you fo your service to the country. It's always nice to have another person looking for animals in need.

Last edited: May 21, 2010
  7. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. Good luck with your chicks. [​IMG]

8. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG] from SC!

9. Lolita

Lolita Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2008
    FL
    [​IMG]

10. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] and [​IMG] from S. Florida! Glad you joined us! [​IMG] Whoa, lion cubs! [​IMG] Enjoy your new chicks, you're gonna be in love!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by