The day before yesterday my 1 yr old cocker/terrier mix, Solomon, got out of the yard at work and licked up a bunch of grease from under the smoker (meat grease with spicy rub). I didn't know he had eaten that until he threw up in the car (which was very special ). He felt better after that. Well, this morning, the gate was accidently left open and he went right back to the gack. Licked up a whole bunch of it before he was caught in the act. Fearing a pancreatitis attack because of all that grease, I gave him 3cc hydrogen peroxide to make him vomit (not the first time I've had to do that - once he ate A LOT of chicken scratch). Worked like a charm - he puked about 10 minutes later. But why does he still want to eat that gack? Wouldn't you think that puking would register in his mind that eating that is not a good plan? I just don't get it.