1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Why only 2 PM a day?

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Iva Swaine, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Iva Swaine

Iva Swaine New Egg

Mar 28, 2012
    NH
    I am trying to converse with a member via PM and I am receiving a message that I can only post 2 messages per day. Is that for a limited time? I'm new, but 2 seems difficult when trying to carry on a conversation...

2. Egghead_Jr

Egghead_Jr Overrun With Chickens

Oct 16, 2010
    NEK, VT
    As a new member there are limitations. Those will go away after you make more posts. This was your first one, make 9 more and the moderators will see your not a spammer, advertiser or troll.

Oh, and welcome to BYC.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
  3. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

Yes it's limited- we have that so an advertiser doesn't spam the board- there is no way to allow multiple PM to the same person for a new egg- it counts each PM as one message so one message to two different people or two messages to one person is all the same to the software.

Sorry.

4. Iva Swaine

Iva Swaine New Egg

Mar 28, 2012
    NH
    Thank you for responding. I connected with someone and asked a question, they replied, as did I and now I can't respond to their last message. I guess I shall go be chatty on the forum. Thank you!

5. juliechick

juliechick Transplanted Hillbilly

Jun 27, 2008
    Southeast AR
    Hi, I found the book. lol

Was looking to see if you were online and I found this post.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
  6. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

See, all working out.

7. SpeckledHills

SpeckledHills Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2008
    Idaho/Utah
    LOL! So fun the way BYC features helped you get a roundabout way to connect! [​IMG]

8. Iva Swaine

Iva Swaine New Egg

Mar 28, 2012
    NH
    I was so worried Juliechick would think I was ignoring her since my other reply was so fast, but I my social flitting about worked because I was able to write back. Very funny...and I got a good idea from someone on salvaging a little giant hatcher with a broken case! Thank you everyone.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by