Why the heck is my baby chick so sweet?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by IloveTravis, Aug 13, 2008.

1. IloveTravis

IloveTravis Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2008
    Wow, my chick is sooo sweet! And it's only three days old!
    It thrives on attention. Everywhere I go, it follows me. If I lay on the floor, it runs to me and nuzzles my face. If I call it from across the room it comes running with it's wings flapping, and jumps on top of me. It cries when I leave it alone, or even with his "brooder mates", and falls asleep the second I hold it.
    Even now as I'm typing, it can't keep itself from walking on the keyboard and pecking at the keys.

What the heck did I do to make such a sweet chicken? Is it just a fluke, or genetics, or what?

Last edited: Aug 13, 2008
  2. keljonma

keljonma Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2007
    8A East Texas
    You're the mama hen. [​IMG]

3. IloveTravis

Jul 27, 2008
    Aw, haha. That's extremely cute [​IMG]

4. Momma_Cluck

Momma_Cluck Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2008
    N. West Michigan
    Yup! You got em real early (or hatched em maybe??) So that one in particular has bonded to ya... some just do..
    kinda like cats-- they all act like they should,(as chickens or cats etc..) but still have their own unique personalities!!!!

we have one hen that, despite being raised along with 12 others, still prefers our company to theirs...
    go figure! [​IMG]

5. IloveTravis

Jul 27, 2008
    Quote:Yup, we hatched them. [​IMG] Too cute.

6. chickens4jojo

chickens4jojo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2008
    Upstate South Carolina
    Lucky you! [​IMG] It sounds like a "house chicken!" Someone on here sells diapers for them, too, I am sure. [​IMG]

My dear family would commit me if I had a house chicken...but I can dream & live through others here on BYC! [​IMG]

7. IloveTravis

Jul 27, 2008
    Quote:Haha, I wouldn't get much support with that idea, either. Sadly, my baby is gonna have to move outdoors as soon as his feathers come in.
    But I can always visit [​IMG]

8. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    My Audrey was like that when she was a little fuzzy butt. Even now that they are out in the coop she prefers to be held and loved on. Enjoy it. Its a great thing

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by