why when i tell people i raiseandkillmyownchickenmeatdotheycallmecrazy

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Lordofchickens 86, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Lordofchickens 86

Lordofchickens 86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2011
    The Burg FL
    is it crazy to love freash healthly food, is it crazy to know were your food comes from,is it crazy to love and respect a animal through the entire process of raising and killing it. i tell them about eggs they all like that but when it comes to raising and killing your own meat people think you are some serial killer. the only cereal i kill is Cookie crisps.[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  2. caspernc

caspernc Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2010
    Z town NC
    Cookie Crisp is AWFULLLLLL HOW COULD YOU REALLY EAT THAT STUFFFFFFF!!!! It goes both ways. LOL

3. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    *Cookie Crisp Coma*

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2011
  4. GoldenSparrow

GoldenSparrow Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    i agree with you, I would feel so much better knowing the animal had a happy life. most meat animals dont. [​IMG]

5. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Because don't you know that meat just appears in those little saran wrap packages in the grocery store? It's ignorance or as one friend says the 'Sissyfication of America.' People are so far removed from reality it is ridiculous. [​IMG]

6. punk-a-doodle

punk-a-doodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    Because people in our culture are very removed from natural pressures and processes (that still ultimately effect them...we've just packaged, rebranded, and delayed them).

7. Lordofchickens 86

Sep 19, 2011
    The Burg FL
    Quote:we think the same way. thanks at least im not the only person who uses there brain.

8. Lordofchickens 86

Sep 19, 2011
    The Burg FL
    Quote:thanks my some of my friends think im weird or something is wrong with me i just like good homemade meats and vegatables:D thanks you folks who commented:cool:

Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  9. justafewchickens

justafewchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2011
    Yes, people are just too far removed from where their food comes from. Sadly enough,my mom won't eat the deer her husband hunts. She says she just can't stand the thought of eating something that was happy and free. I asked her,"Seriously? !!" You would rather eat something miserable and caged?" ( On a good note, I get most of the roasts since she wont eat it) She won't even hardly touch the chickens we killed ourselves. Too happy for her I suppose.

10. Lordofchickens 86

Sep 19, 2011
    The Burg FL
    Quote:venision i would eat that daily. my friends where like that till they ate at a BBQ I had and now they ask when you going to raise some more meat chickens it was good .thanks for your imput.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by