1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

why wont it warm up????

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gapeachy, Feb 23, 2009.

1. gapeachy

gapeachy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2008
    Rome Ga
    I am ready for warm weather I cant stand this cold and windy....I want to get out and work on the chicken coops and nest....I thought I lived south enough to be alittle warmer than this....gee whiz

2. WalkingWolf

WalkingWolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2009
    North Carolina
    It won't warm up because the earth is too warm... [​IMG]

3. rooster0209

rooster0209 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    North Dakota
    So much for global warming. Im just glad its above zero here. Two weeks of -32F was too darn cold

4. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

same here. I cant wait till spring comes. Yesterday we were supposed to get 4-8 inches of snow, but we lucked out and only got about an inch. [​IMG] Thank goodness.

5. NurseNettie

NurseNettie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2008
    Northern Maine
    Quote:Well, if you live anywhere south, it's got to be better than this: DH working hard to get my truck out this morning so I can go to work this afternoon ( on my day off because someone else can't make it in to work during our Nor'Easter)

[​IMG]

6. gapeachy

gapeachy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2008
    Rome Ga
    ewww...that makes me colder just looking at that picture....I need to be thankfull with my 36 degress huh

7. pw_quiltworks

pw_quiltworks One Handy Chick

Jan 7, 2009
    Maine
    Quote:I wish I lived in the south. Spring is coming. Maybe?

Quote:OHHH that's cold. We had those temps a few weeks ago. Last night we had a big snow storm. 14 inches. [​IMG] I will be glad when summer is here. [​IMG] Another storm coming later in the week. We might thaw out in time for next winter. [​IMG]

8. pw_quiltworks

pw_quiltworks One Handy Chick

Jan 7, 2009
    Maine
    Quote:Well, if you live anywhere south, it's got to be better than this: DH working hard to get my truck out this morning so I can go to work this afternoon ( on my day off because someone else can't make it in to work during our Nor'Easter)

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm299/downeyfarm/weather pics/diggingoutforwork.jpg

You look like you got a lot more than us. You must be north of us. The county maybe? I am off to go and snowblow.

9. Brunty_Farms

Brunty_Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2007
    Ohio
    Wow, how much did you get? We got about 4 inches overnight but that looks to be waist deep?

That's a blizzard, we just got a dusting.

I could settle for 36 degrees.... it's chilly but better than snow.

10. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    i was just about to post a new subject on how much i miss Spring. But it looks like i'm not alone. i was going to complain about the constant rain and wind then more rain then more rain then some more wind. But after seeing your picture NurseNettie, i think i should just shut my yap. Well, except to say "i miss Spring!". [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by