Why won't NC TSC sell baby chicks???

Hobbley_Farm

Songster
11 Years
Sep 9, 2008
Pilot Mountain, NC
I would LOVE to go in there to get feed and items and see a huge vat of lil fuzzy butts waddling around. But they say they don't. And Northern Tool doesn't either. The only way I can get chicks is the old fashion way, or if I know someone or just ORDER THEM! What gives?

The closest feed mill is in Stokes County and I don't know WHERE they would have a place to sell chicks. You'd have to see this place, it must have been built 250 years ago and not updated since! Good prices, but they don't sell anything but scratch, corn bread mix, and corn flour. lol

I just get SOOO jealous when I read someone post something like "well, went to get some feed, came home with this fuzzy butt
jumpy.gif
" And I think, "I want to do that!" They do sell hamsters and rabbits around Easter...but nothing poultry.

Just called the TSC in Mount Airy & in April they WILL have chicks. They'll have 3-4 different breeds, but the one they knew for sure was RIR's. The chicks will be straight run. They said that in the next month or 2 they'll have more info as to what breeds they'll have. They said that they'd have plenty considering they normally order several thousand! Hope that helps you! I don't think Mt. Airy is to too far from where you're located.
smile.png

Quote:
WOW! Thanks Talani. That's the one I go to 99.9% of the time. But they told me last year that they don't do that anymore because of the avian virus (or something) which made sense until I saw SOOO many people on here talking about getting them at their feed stores and/or tractor supply, in different states. Considering that we have such a huge poultry area in and around Dobson, NC it just didn't make sense to me.

hobbley, how many chichs do you want, i have 29 that have started to hatch this morning. i live in graham, nc. that is about one hour from you

You're VERY welcome! I just felt bad for you and couldn't understand why they wouldn't carry chicks either. So, I thought the least I could do was give them a call and find out what the deal was for ya!
smile.png
Just hope they'll have some breeds that you'll like. Keep your
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom