Why???

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Nicole01, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    Why can I not be satisfied with what I have??? I NEED to have the Mille Fleur chick added to my flock. I want one sooooo badly and there is a new shipment coming tomorrow. Hubby asked me why I can't be satisfied with what we have. I only have 5, it's not like we have 100. We were origainally going to have two chicks and ended up with 5. What's one more 1/2 sized bird? We defiantly have enough room in the coop and run.

Anyways, I'm going to the farm store to pick up my chick tomorrow.[​IMG] I hardly can wait. It's been a very long week since I've known they were coming. I need a chick mate for Annabelle, she is too small for the coop. The big girls will hopefully move into the coop this weekend if it's finished. They are 5 week olds and fully feathered. Hubby did agree to adding the Mille Fleur earlier this week, but he did change his mind.lol

2. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    Where do you get them from? Cedar is a hop skip and jump away from me [​IMG] I would definately get more then 1 just in case.

ETA: We started out with a small amount about 6 years ago and now have 45 birds [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
  3. MeowCluckBark

MeowCluckBark Chicken Lickin' Good

Mar 28, 2011
    Boise, ID
    You should get 2. They are soooo so tiny. My friend's Mille Fleur D'Uccle were about half the size of a credit card when they were 1 day old and now at 1 week they are about the size of the standard chicks at 1 day lol.

4. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    Quote:I got all my chicks from Anoka Ramsey Farm and garden. They have a big selection of breeds and a new shipment every week. Unfortunately, the Mille Fleur was from the straight run. I pray I picked a pullet. The day old chick I picked out today has pretty good wing and foot feathers.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  5. Caat

Caat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    BC,
    Quote:you ARE looking for support in your wanting to get more right???? If you are looking for help and support in NOT purchasing more well... you are a wee bit out of cluck err... luck and we may need to have an intervention!

ETA: Wow my grammar sucks ,post fixed

6. Anianna

Anianna Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2010
    N/E of Richmond, VA
    At this point, I am entirely happy with my five Delawares. However, I don't get out much and we will be out this weekend and I have no doubt that we'll stop ans see some chicks while we are out. I know we will all be oohing and ahhing and pointing out the ones we want. I wonder if we will be strong enough to resist!

7. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    Quote:I got all my chicks from Anoka Farm and garden. They have a big selection of breeds and a new shipment every week. Unfortunately, the Mille Fleur was from the straight run. I pray I picked a pullet. The day old chick I picked out today has pretty good wing and foot feathers.

OK thats what I thought, I pray u picked a pullet too! I was in there not tooo long ago lookin at the chicks and wanted the mottled cochins they had... there was a total of 4, one in which already had a rooster comb. I came home with the other 3 in hopes that at least 2 were pullets, Nope 2 boys and 1 girl [​IMG]

8. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    Chicken Math claims another one.

Sooner or later They are going to notice and feel compelled to take steps.

9. Eggcessive

Eggcessive True BYC Addict Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    I wanted a millie fleur too, but since they are always sold straight run or un-sexed, I got 2. Same with my silkies, but they could all turn out to be roos in a few months. Good luck!

10. cafarmgirl

cafarmgirl Overrun With Chickens

Only 5 chickens? I see no reason not to get a few more! [​IMG] But you should definitely get more then one chick. When they are old enough to move into the coop it will be easier to integrate a few new birds instead of a single new bird. A lone new bird tends to get picked on more whereas a few takes the pressure off.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by