whychicksmatter

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by whychicksmatter, Mar 9, 2016.

1. whychicksmatter

whychicksmatter Just Hatched

Mar 9, 2016
    Hi,

Guess I should follow instructions & introduce myself first as a new member of your group.

We are just retired and have raised a small flock of meat birds for about 28 years. I decided to join our poultry club about 17 years ago and have had some different laying breeds over the years: Buff Brahma Bantams, New Hampshires, Brown Leghorn, Chanteclers, Ameracauna, Silver Pencilled Wyandottes, Partridge Cochins. We only have about 7 birds right now and am hoping to get a few more. We have a small acreage but also started a Lowline herd, have a few Quarter Horses, and raise Standard & Miniature Poodles.

I'm looking forward to hearing about your experiences with raising chickens and would like to have a few of the more endangered breeds to help keep them going.

J. Lee

1 person likes this.
  2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens. Very nice to have your hear. I used to breed and shows Cockers in the late 60's- '1980. Boy AM I old. If you want to check out what is happening around you - put your state name in the search box and it will pop up.

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    PS you may want to do a story about your farm to post at "stories and pictures of my chickens."

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi J.Lee and welcome to BYC - glad that you decided to join our community.

I wish you the best of luck in adding to your flock - great to know that your are not immune to chicken maths just like the rest of us [​IMG]

All the best
    CT

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

6. whychicksmatter

whychicksmatter Just Hatched

Mar 9, 2016
    Super photos, great head shots & sweet chicks.

J. Lee

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by