Whyre kids so NERVE WRACKING!?!?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by shelleyd2008, Apr 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    My 4-year-old son just killed one of my golden lakenvelder chicks. [​IMG] He was outside trying to catch them, and the hen that is their 'mama' always gets super-stressed with things like that, and takes it out on the babies. She pecked the chicks eye out!! [​IMG] The poor thing was just laying on the ground [​IMG] I am so mad with my kid right now, I could just wring his neck!! Why won't he listen??? [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. MichiganWoods

MichiganWoods DD (Artistic Digital Diva)

Oct 6, 2008
    West Michigan
    [​IMG]

I think it's a 4-year-old thing. Testing out the boundries and what not. My 4-year-old refuses to stay away from our chickens, even though I keep warning her she's going to get bit one of these days. Then again, I keep telling her not to pester the cats and get in their faces... and even though she's been clawed a good dozen times (and pretty badly too I might add), she still doesn't listen.

Sorry to hear about the chick. [​IMG]

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:Because he is 4 and he doesn't understand. [​IMG] He sees cute and furry. Hug the child.

4. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Mine does too! Hopefully they will all be good kids when they grow up a bit!

5. cackle

cackle Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    I turned my back on my 4 year old granddaughter and she evidently grabbed a 2 day old chick out of the brooder. When she thought she heard me coming back she threw it back in breaking it's neck. She did realize what she had done and cried for a long time and then we took it out and buried it.Did she learn a lesson I hope so but she is 4.

6. beak

beak On vacation

Dec 12, 2008
    Kiowa, Colorado
    There is a brief period between 8 and 12 where they're pretty good. So far I haven't been too impressed with the teen years. None of our kids have ever been in trouble but they are sure a pain when they turn 13.

7. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Definitely because he's 4. My son killed a frog when he was 4. He had been told 55 million times to quit catching the frogs in our little water garden. I turned around and caught him again and he tried to throw it into the water and missed. He cried off and on for a month. He cried in church because he thought God was mad at him. If I were to bring up right now three years later he'd still cry. But he still doesn't listen.... [​IMG]

8. SarahBeth9394

SarahBeth9394 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2008
    He's 4 years old for crying out loud and he's not the one who hurt the chick. Maybe he shouldn't be out with the chickens or at the least not without you holding his hand. Sounds like you're angry at the wrong person.

9. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:Whoa take it easy there girl!!! I think she is just upset that the chick died and came to rant to her friends. [​IMG] I know I have been upset with my son on many occasions when he did something he had no clue what he was doing..... I got over just like I am sure Shelley has by now.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
  10. SarahBeth9394

SarahBeth9394 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2008
    Quote:Whoa take it easy there girl!!! I think she is just upset that the chick died and came to rant to her friends. [​IMG] I know I have been upset with my son on many occasions when he did something he had no clue what he was doing..... I got over just like I am sure Shelley has by now.

Deb I'm just saying that if it were me I"d be a whole lot more ticked at myself than the 4 year old for doing what 4 year olds do. I understand a rant but I think it was misplaced. Maybe I could have been more tactfull, but maybe not [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by