WI hatcheries? Lavender/blue chick breeder?Welsummer?Wyandottes?EE's?

go-veggie

Flew the Coop
11 Years
Jul 3, 2008
Washington County, Wisconsin
My current birds are from Abendroth Hatchery in Waterloo, WI, and it is a clean and wonderful place to get chicks from! The people there are so gentle with the chicks and so nice too! I have an interest in getting some breeds they don't sell there though, and I'm wondering where I can go...or if there are any other local hatcheries. I will eventually end up ordering from mypetchicken.com if I can't find any other place to go I guess. I checked Ideal and Meyer, and they don't have what I want available until next year...at least for Ideal anyway. (and I only need a few more hens) I would LOVE to find some local hatcheries or backyard/hobby breeders somewhere nearby. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Hi...thanks for your reply...you know, I just want to have a colorful, unique little backyard flock. I honestly don't even know the different types of lavender chickens...I guess I just want the color and hens that produce nice eggs, so I guess it wouldn't matter. It'll be fun to get to know some different breeds too.
smile.png
Right now, I have 1 buff orpington, 2 RIR's, 2 barred rocks and 1 awesome EE roo...

go-veggie,

I could possibly sell you some eggs with my two Lavender rooster over my pure bred Ameraucana black hens but all the chicks would be black in the F1 generation and would have to breed them together next year to produce some Lavender Ameraucanas(which are in the works right now on by some breeders of the Ameraucana Club). You may want to go to the Ameraucana Club site and search for Lavenders to see what they look like. HS

Last edited:
Sara,
Just let me know what you would prefer. I am getting ready to set my incubator this week. I am only going to put 24 LF lavXblack Ameraucanas eggs in so eggs may be better since I may need most of the pullets unless I am lucky -so far my Ameraucanas are producing as they look about 50% or more pullets but this is a different male so don't know what I will expect to get.
Sara, let me know when you can get the eggs so I don't break up my flock too soon. I will have eggs for sure for 3 weeks till the chicks hatch to be sure I have what I need in live chicks for myself.
I don't think I have any Black/lavender chicks that I am growing right now. I believe they were all culls if I hatched any earlier.
I will also have some from Larry's black male and my one Lavender pullet but since it is only one hen let me know so I save them for you and how many you want from her. She lays about 5 eggs a week sometimes. I figured you see this post. Harry

Last edited:
I'd like some of those ameraucana eggs too! How much are you charging? Can you PM me? I'm wanting TRUE ameraucanas and would LOVE to be able to work on the lavendar project...

Stacy

Stacy,
Sent you a PM. HS
I could probably send you some eggs on Monday the 28th. I will know by the 20th after I candle them to make sure they are fertile. HS

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom