Wichita small coop plans - How to get them?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by chickenchickenchicken, Jan 17, 2018.

1. chickenchickenchicken

chickenchickenchicken In the Brooder

Jan 17, 2018
    I am having difficulty connecting to the person offering building plans for the Wichita small coop plans. Need help connecting.Bob

2. 007Sean

007Sean Crossing the Road Premium Member

Oct 25, 2015
    South Central Texas
    Howdy :welcome:frow Happy:ya to have you join the family. Enjoy your time here at BYC! :)

3. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
  4. nminusyplusm

nminusyplusm Crowing

Mar 29, 2017
    Deming, NM
    Welcome to BYC! Glad to have you join us!

When I started out I also was looking for Wichita plans that I could use to adapt and contacted them. It took a while but they did reply. They told me they didn't have plans per se or a step by step guide, but a sketchup file and a materials list.

Unfortunately (or fortunately?) they emailed me after I needed my coop figured out so I'd already drawn up my own plans in sketchup and started construction by then.

If you're at all handy and can draw a little, you can do it too. It's a pretty simple process. What really helped was watching other people on youtube build similar coops. That showed me what I wanted to keep and what I wanted to change in my own design. I made mine to accommodate deep litter in both coop and run, added built in storage, put the access doors on the shorter end instead of the longer side and increased the footprint to 8' x 10'.

5. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC. Great resources and suggestions from the previous posters. Good luck with the build and establishment of your flock.

6. Chicken Whisper101

Chicken Whisper101 Songster

Jan 14, 2018
    Monks Corner SC
    Welcome to BYC :wee

7. AllenK RGV

AllenK RGV Chicken Addict Premium Member

Plans I never had a plan.......:lau Welcome to BYC! Definately some good advise in those links to our articles.

8. MrsMistyReal

MrsMistyReal Enabler

Aug 6, 2014
    Mississippi
    Welcome aboard to BYC family gr8 people tons of information, loads of fun, enjoy shake your tail feathers. Please don't hurt yourself, never make plans, nothing can ruffle your feathers,& poop is the love :love:gig:wee:goodpost::welcome:bun:jumpy:highfive::yesss::sick:celebrate:frow:pop

9. Wickedchicken6

Wickedchicken6 Be the change you wish to see. Premium Member Project Manager

Nov 7, 2015
    Southwestern MB, Canada
    Hello and welcome to BYC!! It’s so nice to have you join us. welcome.gif

This video may help with learning how to navigate the new site.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask one of us. :)

10. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Bob :frow Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by