WICKED! (The Musical) (Other musicals welcome!)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Tylt33, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Tylt33

Tylt33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    Chico, California
    Who here has seen Wicked, and what did you think of it? I reserved a group of 15 tickets for next May at 10 a.m. this morning and now I have to call back tomorrow and add more! I think all but four or so are repeat viewers!!! What is your favorite musical?

2. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I haven't seen the musical but I read the book years ago before anyone even heard of it. I tried telling people how strangely good it was, but no one had any interest. Look at it now! [​IMG]

Oh, and favorite musical: BY FAR Les Miserables!!!

Last edited: Jul 6, 2011
  3. Elphaba2140

Elphaba2140 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2010
    Northern Illinois
    See my name? Die hard fan. Have read the book and seen the musical. Loved them both. This was great but I have also seen Phantom and had front row seats. That was even better since we could see so much.

4. Tylt33

Jun 13, 2010
    Chico, California
    Quote:I'm seeing Les Mis next year for the first time, although I know many of the songs. I had my gums grafted two weeks ago, and when my wife picked me up she said I thanked her for the ride home and then sang "Bring Him Home" repeatedly all the way home. I can't wait to see it!!!

5. Tylt33

Jun 13, 2010
    Chico, California
    Quote:I would really like to see Phantom again, it has been 15 years for me. We don't do front row anymore because my wife becomes overly distracted/disgusted when people are ovly "spitty" when they sing LOL. I figured we had some Wicked addicts around here!!!

6. ChicKat

ChicKat Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Wicked is soooo wonderful.

I have seen it twice, and I would go again in a heart beat. I bought the book the Grimmerie, and another one about the philosopy (Not the book by Maguire, I think he wrote the original of his Wicked years trilogy).

You will love it. It is magical, excellent, brilliant. (am I over the top)--- Get the CD of the broadway sound track. It rings in your head...yet the phrasing is not the run of the mill june, moon, tune stuff.

I kept saying I wish they would make a movie so eVERYone could see it (for movie tick prices -- rather than show prices). It is fabulous.

7. Urban Chaos

Urban Chaos Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2011
    Austin
    I really want to see it (Wicked) I love musicals. I haven't seen that many though.

I was inspired to look at the Wicked website - It is coming to Austin 01/2012 ! I am soooo there.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2011
  8. Elphaba2140

Elphaba2140 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2010
    Northern Illinois
    My girls gave me the Grimmerie for Christmas the year we went. I am a big fan of Maguire and have several of his books. I love the fact that he used these tales and turned them around so we see them from an entirely different view. I have Son of a Witch, Lost and others. I have not read the latest in the trilogy.

9. Tylt33

Jun 13, 2010
    Chico, California
    Quote:Oh I *do* love Wicked! This will be my fifth time seeing it. I just wanted to know if everyone else loves it as much as I do. Where did you see it??? Do you remember who played Elphaba or G(a)linda?

10. Kassaundra

Kassaundra Sonic screwdrivers are cool!

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    LOVED Wicked, saw it last year, it was awesome!!!!!!!!

I love musicals in general, to pick just one would be hard, but if I just had to I'd say Camelot.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by