1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

wickednerd rules

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by KristyHall, Dec 11, 2012.

1. KristyHall

KristyHall Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    So she called me as she left Krogers and told this to me, then posted it on face book because its awesome.

Mind you she's Irish decent and has once described herself as a Methodist with Buddhist tendencies.

"So I was getting ready to leave Kroger, taking my bags out of the cart while I was still in the store. A lady walks up and I offer her my cart. She said thank you. I smiled and said, "No problem. Happy Holidays!" She immediately got a stink face with me and tersely said, "It's Merry Christmas." Now, I don't have a problem wit
    h people correcting me by saying "Merry Christmas" in response to my Happy Holidays, but I've got a lot of friends who celebrate different faiths and thus different holidays and I'm not going to assume anyone celebrates anything. However, the stink eye she gave me aggravated me and so my response was to quietly say with a smile, "Well, I respect you. And I say Happy Holidays because I celebrate Kwanzaa." Then I walked away."

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Wickednerd did GOOD!

3. KristyHall

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    she has an amazingly quick wit. She has floored me many times with her ability to sweetly reduce a butthead to a shivering pile in the corner or coax surprised laughter out of a dour person.

4. sourland

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Sadly, I have a tendency to feed the trolls. I am getting better as I age. Perhaps if I live to be 100 I might reach her level - German dour and Scottish reactive - no chance. [​IMG]

5. KristyHall

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    You seem pretty good at containing your old onriness (spelling?)

6. sourland

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    I've become better. The Princess considers me a work in progress. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by