Wierd looking chick making funny noises

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by P-Funk, Oct 24, 2011.

1. P-Funk

P-Funk Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2011
    Franktown
    I got some day-olds at the feed store the first week of August. The one with the light brown head and dark brown body makes the most unusual sounds. It's almost like an 18 wheeler skidding to a stop on the freeway. She (I think) has huge puffy cheeks and I can't find her (I think) in the 'breeds' section. [​IMG] I'm begining to wonder if she's even a chicken.

2. GoldDogsMom

GoldDogsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2011
    Indiana, PA
    not very experienced but looks kinda like my easter eggers, especially the one I call "chubby cheeks" and mine makes a weird noise too! Got any sideview pics of her?

3. kimmypie

kimmypie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2010
    Utah
    Could she be a faverolles? There have been a few posts about the funny noises they make.

4. farmerChef

farmerChef Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop
    She is an Easter Egger. She will most likey lay a green egg (can also lay pink, brown, and maybe blue). I am saying she because of the color of the comb. A side shot would be better.

5. rebel-rousing-at-night

rebel-rousing-at-night Chillin' With My Peeps

She's an Easter Egger.

6. P-Funk

Feb 20, 2011
    Franktown
    WooHoo! Green eggs! I can't get a decent picture because she won't hold still. I so hope you're right.

7. suzeqf

suzeqf Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2011
    My girls make those weird noises too I swear my Turken is half dog because it sounds like she barks like my chi does when i first heard it i thought one of the boys got after Chi

8. bloom_ss

bloom_ss Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2011
    Spokane Valley, WA
    I have six EEs and they have been making some weird noises lately also. lol Almost like a cross between a growl and a cluck. [​IMG] They also make this short, but really loud BOK sound every once in a while. When one of them caches the others off guard with it they all jump and then fluff their feathers. [​IMG]

9. JodyJo

JodyJo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2010
    Colorado
    [​IMG]

Easter Egger....

10. P-Funk

Feb 20, 2011
    Franktown
    Yes Jo! That's her! Awesome [​IMG] She almost looks the same age as well. Never had an EE before [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by