WIFEZILLA I must pick your brain...YOOHOO

Cetawin

Rest in Peace 1963-2021
11 Years
Mar 20, 2008
NW Kentucky
hehehehe I ordered 10 ducklings from Holderread Farms (5 Anconas & 5 Golden Welsh harlequins). Now for my questions
big_smile.png

Food: this is my plan tell me if it is a bad one
smile.png

Organic (non-medicated) starter or should I use the gamerbird starter? For 6 - 8 weeks then start switching them to the all-in-one non-medicated of course. This is a 18% protein food and comparable to the grower. Then when they lay, they can share layer crumbles with my flock of chickens.

Housing: I plan to keep a trio of each if I get that lucky and butcher the other 4

For housing I was thing a 4 x 6 or 5 x 6 house for them with an enclosed run area and pool of about 30' x 15'. They will get free range time almost daily.

So...is that correct and good enough or am I way off?

Last edited:
Yeah! Ducklings!!!!
big_smile.png

If you mix the game bird starter and chick starter, that should be fine. If you just use the chick starter, you need to add some brewer's yeast. I don't have an exact measurement on this, I just crush up a few tablets and mix it in with the "baby food".

Sounds like plenty of room too. Do you have pics?

Nope the little messy darlings are not here yet. My first ship date from Holderread was last Monday...today is my alternative date and next monday the next alternative date. Soooo I am waiting for that email. I have the heat lamp, food, new little cool bowls for them, pine shavings, an old sheet and the bathtub is ready for them.

I will let them spend the first week or two in my garden tub because I am a nervous ninny that way...I want to be close enough to hear them. Then, maybe, I will put them in their pool in the garage with the heat lamp. I dunno yet. hahahaha

I got the a HUGE pool from wal-mart...one of the 5' across jobs. LOL

Last edited:
And I thought my ducks are spoiled! LOL

I have 3 little Welsh Harlequin girls on the way. I may get them later this week
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom