Wiggle Wiggle

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by The Wolf Queen, May 5, 2009.

1. The Wolf Queen

The Wolf Queen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Howdy everyone! Hey when you candle a chicken egg and you see the baby wiggle, how long before hatching? And if you candle an egg and see only a small amount of yolk, that means the egg is a goner right? Many people feel free to answer my questions [​IMG]

2. MoodyChicken

MoodyChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Northern California
    I think they start wiggling 10 days into incubation, maybe sooner. So you might want to sit back and relax for another week! lol. What do you mean? You usually can't easily see the yolk when you candle. You can only see a slightly darker mass. Do you mean whether or not the egg is fertile? If it's the same age as the other eggs, then there's nothing in there.

3. The Wolf Queen

The Wolf Queen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    If I could record a vid i could show you but basically I stuck my candle light to the egg front where the air pocket is and there was a small area where I could see those little veins and I saw the dark spot MOVE! Sorry ive been waiting forever LOL I CANNOT WAIT (twitch twitch)

4. firedove

firedove Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2008
    Fitzwilliam NH
    patience! From seeing my friend hatch and candle eggs I can tell you that by6 the time they are coming ready to hatch you can't see anything through the egg except the air pocket. Plus when they are really close to hatch you have to leave them alone in the bator so the humidity stays high enough for a healthy hatch.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by