Wiggling button quail egg "cheeped" at me!!! :)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by monarc23, Aug 8, 2008.

1. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    OH my goshh....kay im new to this all so what I just heard sent my heart leaping!!!!

I heard the very faint "cheep cheep...cheep cheep" then that was proceeded by *wiggling* of the egg lol!

This egg is only day 13 (today)....is it possible for the booger to hatch early? None of the other fertile BQ eggs are wigglin yet. Just curious if it's possible this one might start pipping tomorrow or something...or do some chicks just call early?

SOO DARN CUUUTE i cannot wait to post pictures...[​IMG]

2. IloveTravis

IloveTravis Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2008
    How long is the hatch period for quail eggs? Because if it's 18-21 day then that's waaay too early to hear peeping. But hey, I've never hatched quail eggs. so I wouldn't know [​IMG]
    If he's peeping, he's broken the air cell, meaning he should hatch within the next day or two.
    Congratualations on the good news, I hope your hatch goes well. [​IMG]

3. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:awesome (about the air cell info)!!! Yeah quails have a much shorter incubation period, 16-18 days depending on the species. My button quails take 15-16 days to hatch. [​IMG]

And that would be about right (next day or two) because I could see them on the 10th or the 11th, so three days left counting tomorrow.

Thanks for the info...yay...btw i swear I heard it peep again abotu an hour ago but i wasnt close to the incubator. [​IMG]

4. jfulcher

jfulcher Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Quote:awesome (about the air cell info)!!! Yeah quails have a much shorter incubation period, 16-18 days depending on the species. My button quails take 15-16 days to hatch. [​IMG]

And that would be about right (next day or two) because I could see them on the 10th or the 11th, so three days left counting tomorrow.

Thanks for the info...yay...btw i swear I heard it peep again abotu an hour ago but i wasnt close to the incubator. [​IMG]

Pardon me for butting in, but I have 12-13day old eggies inmy bator. And I see wiggles, and think I heard peeps... They are button quail. Let me know if your hatches!!!!

5. Zannadoo

Zannadoo Out Of The Brooder

Jul 7, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    HI guys.
    I have 12 egg in the incubator and I have been hearing ran dome peeps over the last couple of days.
    And I was wondering if they hatched in order of collection . I collected them over the matter of 2 weeks.
    Did a float test got rid of the baddies and ended up.
    This might sound lame but ive been putting my pc headset up to the incubator with sounds of a mother quail calling for her chicks
    to get the little buggers moving.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by