Wiggly chickens at night

Life in the Backwoods

In the Brooder
Aug 10, 2020
Northern MN
We put a trail camera in our coop last and just looked at the photos. They moved around every 5-6 minutes for hours. Only once did they settle down and stay in one place for about an hour. Is this normal? Or do they have bugs or something keeping them up. I’m paranoid about lice and mites. They are just about 17 wks old. They have been in this coop for about a month. It is a brand new coop. No chickens have ever been in it. I checked them for lice/mites/nits a few days ago and didn’t see anything but I’m new to chickens. They do have quite a few new feathers coming in but are losing feathers too.

Mine move around more when arranged more tightly on the roost. Those roosting in trees much quieter than those packed tightly on a straight-line roost.
Good to know. Thank you. I have 7 chickens. There are 2 roosting bars but they usually all use the tallest one which is about 5’ long. Occasionally the camera showed one on the lower bar. And one is sometimes on the board below the others. 🙈 I just want to make sure they are getting good rest and are healthy.

Back
Top Bottom