Wii Fit ?? who has it?

lurky

Songster
12 Years
Jun 4, 2007
Western MA
I want to buy a wii fit.....but i see one price of $80-90 and a pkg for just over $500 (ouch).
I am hoping some of you might already know about it. I assume if you buy the cheapest version nothing comes with it??? Online does not seem to tell me much about what you get. They tell you what you can do with it, but if anyone has any tips on buying this, please share them.
fl.gif

I have only seen it at toys r us.. I want to know more too..

It looks really neat.. with step arobics and everything/

Lurky,

If you already have a Wii, all you need to buy is the platform and game disc part. That's the $90 box. A Wii, should be right about $250. For the $500 set up, you're probably getting extra controllers and games. The games usually run between $30-$50. Some of the older games you can get for $20.

We have a Wii here, and the kids love it. One of their favorite games is the cow racing. It's very funny. Also, in the winter all four of us play, and we like to play either the golf or the bowling game.

So the wii is not different for the fit and the games? Its still one base? I do not have it at all. So for the $250 i should get enough to get started? Or is that for the base and everything is added on to that?

I have the whole system...and Wii Fit...First you buy the "system" It consists of a "dvd" type player and usually one hand held controller and 1 disc...Also if you need or want an additional controller it is cheaper to buy it in a "bundle" which is just a controller and an additional disc..that way you get an additional "game disc" and controller for about 10$$ more than if you just bought an extra controller...My system came pkgd as WiiSport(wal-mart)and I got the WiiPlay for the extra controller...I have to say that that alone was worth the $$ and the fun that the family has had...Now the WiiFit is pretty cool!! I really like it and it is very interactive...The Balance board is a trip!! It is absolutly amazing how it tracks your balance...Yoga(who knew you could be sore from holding poses and streaching)Stregnth Training(not super hard and a challeng)Aerobics(hula-hoop,step, jogging in place)Balance(really cool)...I would recomend it in a heart beat... oh and the other thing is the more you use it the more games,yoga poses, and activities you unlock...sorta like rewards for working out...now we can all use that!!

I have not see the 500$$ bundle...we payed about 200-250$$(it was my mothers day gift)...bought the extra game/controller for anout 40$$...and the Fit was about 90$$...you can get all sorts of accessories for it like golf club, tennis racket,steering wheel, rifel,baseball bat...etc...we dont have all the "extras"...mabey that is what your 500$$ gets you...but I doubt that it is all inclusive...

OK....sorry to be a pain, but is the $90 also additional? So you buy the wii for $250 and the x-tra control $40
and then the 'fit' stuff is another add-on? I just want to do this right? Thank you for the help
smile.png

I'm not so sure about these games today...
sad.png

A co-worker friend coaches pee-wee T-ball for the little kids. Not sure how old but I guess 6 or 7? anyway,
Every parent he talked to said thier kid plays baseball all the time and is pretty good at it.
So, on the first practice he said,"Lets break into two teams and play a short game." the kids just stood there and looked at him. Several wearing their brand new baseball mitt as a hat.

After asking a few questions to the parents that stayed to watch he found out that they play WII baseball and had never gone out to play "real" ball EVER!
lol.png

LOL

I prefer to ride a real bike, go to the bowling alley, walk the golf course(unless i get a cart), fly my real hang glider, run 15 to 20 miles a week and swim in the ocean (it's made of salt water, and tastes salty too!)
wink.png

Don't get me wrong, I think the WII is awesome piece of technology, and is great for like one person said in the winter when it's too cold to go outside. Any other time it should be used like any other videogame Monitored Use and only for a short time....then "outside you all go!!"

P.S.
I can buy an awesome Kayak with fishing gear for $500.00-get exercise-have fun-and catch dinner-What a deal!!!

Last edited:
yep..your right...the Fit is an additional 90$$...you get the balance board and the game disc...and you are not a pain!! I am happy to help..you will really enjoy it!!

Back
Top Bottom