wikipedia vandals

barg

Songster
12 Years
Apr 27, 2007
Someone really did a number on the wikapedia chickens page.
I havent looked to see what else they might have messed with but, wow!
I'm not posting the url because of the content there.
I went there to try and help someone in this forum figure out what breed they had.
Anyway, be warned, atm wikapedia is messed up.
And those of you experts out there, may want to lend your services to help repair it.

Last edited:
Wikepedia can be so easily changed and messed with that it cannot be trusted as a source. We had our librarian during her talk about plagerism give a demonstration to our students on "WHY they shouldn't use Wikepedia"--she changed the order of the planets on the site. It stayed like that for 3hrs.

I had never heard any of this about Wikipedia. Pooh - I have often used it as a quick reference, not on chickens, but on other things...

I know several teachers that use that site for information! I learned about the site last semester in my internship. Not long after that I learned how it can be a wrong source of information. Too bad some of the teachers wont listen <sigh>

Shannon

Then they are fools and are hurting the education of the students. I won't accept it as a source from any of my students. It just isn't a secure sight, not to mention how the kids plagerize from it! horrendous!
barnie.gif

t my son's school, they use that alot...I'd rather use Google.

If you like Google, try Goodsearch. You can enter your favorite charity or school and 1 cent is donated for every search. I discovered it this year and told my school's administration. We;ve earned like $30. from it and while that doesn't sound like much think about it. 30.00/1=3,000. 3000 searches, easy as that.

However, when searching topics, Wikipedia is often a souce offered.

Have at it!​

Back
Top Bottom