Butterscotchbitesfinger

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
Nov 2, 2018
NSW Australia
Virtual Hug GIF

It sounds like you got a good vet.
Stay strong.
Thanks, they’re great. They saved his life when he got kicked.

Butterscotchbitesfinger

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
Nov 2, 2018
NSW Australia
I had a Keeshond who suffered idiopathic seizures, and seeing your dog in the throes of a seizure can be totally frightening;, you feel helpless and scared for them. I hope the meds (and your wonderful vet) can take care of Wilbur's.

Glad to hear the cancer seems to be under control. Sending best wishes your way!
Yeah. We don’t think it’s epilepsy, they think it’s stemming from the infection. But it is terrifying because they are so out of it if you touch them they go to snap and bite and carry on because they don’t recognise you.

Butterscotchbitesfinger

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
Nov 2, 2018
NSW Australia
Hi everyone,
So we spoke to the local vet hospital because Wilbur has now had 3 seizures in 24 hours. The big one yesterday, one at 5am this morning which only lasted about 1 minute and then one about 30 minutes ago. The one 30mins ago was Only 30 seconds long. They want to run some neurological tests on him because of the frequency of these fits. They are concerned that the cancer may have moved from his abdomen to his brain, if this is the case then we have to change his chemo.
The other alternative is that this could be a side affect from his kick to head and it has just taken a while to show up, we aren’t sure. But we will always say quality over quantity so if it is going to be too hard to treat and there is very little recovery rate and if he is gonna be in pain then we will not try and treat it but if we can of course we will. The 5AM seizure he couldn’t remember is again and it took 20 minutes for him to come around but the one this afternoon only lasted 30seconds and he didn’t go too far out of it.
I will keep you guys updated.
thanks for all your support everyone.

Top Bottom