Wilbur’s cancer journey.

Pics
Eggs are really good for dogs, if you're looking for more topping ideas :)
Actually that’s part of some of his meals, the vets told us to avoid raw things because they may carry extra bacteria which could make him sicker. But we cook eggs into some of his meals because they are high in protein.

Wilbur has his gormet meal being made at the moment. Adding lots of supplements to his food to enhance his appetite and prop up his immune system, unfortunately the white blood cell count will be diminished because of the chemo. He is now having it daily. Three little red pills which need to be handled with gloves, we put them in pork mince meat balls and that way he eats them without spitting them out.
More pictures from today:
View attachment 2775011View attachment 2775012
He's getting the most out of your lounge. 🤣

Wilbur is a very fortunate boy to have such a loving family that is able to care for him so well. I’ve had several Great Danes in my life and they are indeed all so special. Take one day at a time. He is obviously very stoic and in tune with your emotions. Even now he is helping you navigate his cancer because he is driving that positivity along with you and your family. As he is there for you, be there for him regardless. Keep him happy like you are all doing right now. Best wishes for a speedy recovery ❤️‍🩹. :hugs

Wilbur is a very fortunate boy to have such a loving family that is able to care for him so well. I’ve had several Great Danes in my life and they are indeed all so special. Take one day at a time. He is obviously very stoic and in tune with your emotions. Even now he is helping you navigate his cancer because he is driving that positivity along with you and your family. As he is there for you, be there for him regardless. Keep him happy like you are all doing right now. Best wishes for a speedy recovery ❤️‍🩹. :hugs
Thanks. We too have had a lot of Danes, my dad grew up with them so we have had them. 3 over the duration of my lifetime. Humphrey, Marley and now Wilbur. Humphrey lived till 8, Marley lived till 9 and Wilbur is still alive. Unfortunately big dogs have such short lifespans compared to those of smaller dogs, big dogs, big in stature and heart but small in lifespan. Thanks again and I’m sure to tell Wilbur he has a lot of BYC rooting for him haha

Back
Top Bottom