Wilbur’s cancer journey.

Pics
Hey I have been meaning to update this thread but sometimes life gets in the way. He is doing really well. The vet said he is excellent in treatment and that it appears that his cancer is not spreading or growing because his lymph glands aren’t swollen. He’s becoming a bit of a celeb there lol
Excellent! :clap:thumbsup

Hi everyone, I know it’s been a while since I updated but I’m going to tell you what’s happened in the last 24 hrs or so.
The vets are increasingly happy with his progress to do with cancer and he was almost completely back to normal, can’t feel the tumour he’s playing like he used to. And then about 2 days ago my dad went to let him inside and noticed he was frothing at the mouth but he was okay and came inside, about last night mum heard him whining and she came out and there was drool everywhere. He was okay though so we didn’t think anything of it. About 4pm this afternoon I was down in the paddock having just come in from riding and I heard my dad screaming out to my mum, naturally I dropped everything and ran in. Wilbur was lying on the floor twitching, frothing at the mouth, my dad thought he was choking so he tried to help him and he bit dad. Mum arrived and diagnosed it immediately as a seizure.
Once he came through a little bit he was so flighty, snapping if we got too close and so we backed off and gave him space. Eventually he recognised us and we raced him to our local vet. The took some bloods and said basically it’s not bad really it’s just gonna be one of those things that we have to monitor because this isn’t treatable. So they said once they got the results from the tests back they’d call if it was important and send a text if they were normal. About 6 minutes after we leave my mum gets a phone call saying that his white cell count is up meaning there could be an infection causing him to have seizures.
A vet nurse kindly dropped the medication off at our house to treat the virus on her way home.
What a heck of a day I’ve had.

Hi everyone, I know it’s been a while since I updated but I’m going to tell you what’s happened in the last 24 hrs or so.
The vets are increasingly happy with his progress to do with cancer and he was almost completely back to normal, can’t feel the tumour he’s playing like he used to. And then about 2 days ago my dad went to let him inside and noticed he was frothing at the mouth but he was okay and came inside, about last night mum heard him whining and she came out and there was drool everywhere. He was okay though so we didn’t think anything of it. About 4pm this afternoon I was down in the paddock having just come in from riding and I heard my dad screaming out to my mum, naturally I dropped everything and ran in. Wilbur was lying on the floor twitching, frothing at the mouth, my dad thought he was choking so he tried to help him and he bit dad. Mum arrived and diagnosed it immediately as a seizure.
Once he came through a little bit he was so flighty, snapping if we got too close and so we backed off and gave him space. Eventually he recognised us and we raced him to our local vet. The took some bloods and said basically it’s not bad really it’s just gonna be one of those things that we have to monitor because this isn’t treatable. So they said once they got the results from the tests back they’d call if it was important and send a text if they were normal. About 6 minutes after we leave my mum gets a phone call saying that his white cell count is up meaning there could be an infection causing him to have seizures.
A vet nurse kindly dropped the medication off at our house to treat the virus on her way home.
What a heck of a day I’ve had.
:hugs

Poor Wilbur :(

What a great vet nurse.

Virtual Hug GIF

It sounds like you got a good vet.
Stay strong.

Back
Top Bottom