Wilbur’s cancer journey.

Pics
Hi everyone.
Firstly I want to warn you the following message is quite sad so if you don’t want to continue to read that’s okay.
I just want to thank you for all the support and love you’ve given for me, my family and Wilbur.
And it pains me to write this but I know we made the right decision, the right decision for us and most importantly for Wilbur.
Today when he woke up this morning he threw up and normally he would just get up and move away from it but today he didn’t, he just sat there and mum knew it was time.
We all agreed.
At 1:30PM this afternoon Wilbur went to sleep, he went into a peaceful rest that he will never wake up from. So Rest In Peace dearest Wilbur. He was so loved, he is so loved.
It’ll be hard but I’m still sure we did the right thing.
Thank you for all your support.
P.S. this was him today before he was put to sleep.
View attachment 2881623
I'm so very sorry for your loss. I'm a Dane mom too and have made this walk. He was a beautiful boy. I pray that your memories of your time together bring you comfort.

I'm so very sorry for your loss. I'm a Dane mom too and have made this walk. He was a beautiful boy. I pray that your memories of your time together bring you comfort.
Thanks. He’s our third dane, unfortunately they’ve got huge personalities but very short lifespans and his was extremely short

Attachments

• F4CA598E-5D5A-440D-8745-AEC4C37F812F.jpeg
    F4CA598E-5D5A-440D-8745-AEC4C37F812F.jpeg
    448.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 11E155B1-1861-4585-8921-BAB3E68D5F32.jpeg
    11E155B1-1861-4585-8921-BAB3E68D5F32.jpeg
    481.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 274AF819-007A-48CB-992B-63CB416EDADE.jpeg
    274AF819-007A-48CB-992B-63CB416EDADE.jpeg
    631.5 KB · Views: 9
I'm so sorry for your loss. I think it's even more heartbreaking whenever they're so young. Of course it hurts to lose our furry family at any age, but knowing that if not for the horrible disease, they ideally had a lot of life left ahead of them. It's also somewhat traumatic to watch them suffer while this disease takes them away from those that love them most. Many of us are sending you and your family virtual hugs and 🙏🏻 Being a group that loves animals, please know that you are not alone in your grief. I lost my furry soul mate, Ellie Mae, to encephalitis. In spite of a wonderful neurologist treating Ellie Mae with everything she had at my states teaching hospital, including chemo and lots of meds at home between hospital stays, I got an extra two and a half weeks after her diagnosis/onset of symptoms. That extra time after a life changing diagnosis is like a roller coaster, I'm sure you know all too well. It's heart warming, loving and genuinely precious one moment and fear inducing, stressful and heart breaking the very next. Even knowing the outcome, I'd go through the pain all over again. The love they give and happiness they cause is worth it every single time. Thank you for sharing this.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I think it's even more heartbreaking whenever they're so young. Of course it hurts to lose our furry family at any age, but knowing that if not for the horrible disease, they ideally had a lot of life left ahead of them. It's also somewhat traumatic to watch them suffer while this disease takes them away from those that love them most. Many of us are sending you and your family virtual hugs and 🙏🏻 Being a group that loves animals, please know that you are not alone in your grief. I lost my furry soul mate, Ellie Mae, to encephalitis. In spite of a wonderful neurologist treating Ellie Mae with everything she had at my states teaching hospital, including chemo and lots of meds at home between hospital stays, I got an extra two and a half weeks after her diagnosis/onset of symptoms. That extra time after a life changing diagnosis is like a roller coaster, I'm sure you know all too well. It's heart warming, loving and genuinely precious one moment and fear inducing, stressful and heart breaking the very next. Even knowing the outcome, I'd go through the pain all over again. The love they give and happiness they cause is worth it every single time. Thank you for sharing this.
100%. It’s sad but if it meant doing it all again to have him in our lives we would in a heartbeat. I miss him but at least I know we did the right thing by him.

Back
Top Bottom