Wild American Persimmons (Diospyros virginiana) Tree Seeds

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by wilds of pa, Nov 1, 2009.

1. wilds of pa

wilds of pa Chillin' With My Peeps

Wild American Persimmons (Diospyros virginiana) Tree Seeds, 25+ fresh seeds in this auction
    if planted in the right location and good soil they can produce fruit as early as 4-5 years without competition. however if planted in unfavored conditions as long as 6-8 years..
    I keep ours trimmed to med dwarf size no taller than 10ft here, but they are loaded with fruit again this year..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pic's of the seeds in cure stage, i only take the most ripened fruit from the tree's and what falls to the ground.
    [​IMG]

We get plenty of snow and freezing conditions in this part of Pa but they still grow very well here. should grow very well in most parts of the USA, do a search of your state and see if they grow naturally in your state..

If you Hunt, plant these in the general area of were you like to hunt and the animals will come to feed on these once producing fruit..

These can be used in homemade breads and pudding recipes, wines and jams etc..Chickens Love these once fully ripened as well as a host of other animals..

Here's an awesome site with more info on the uses of Wild American Persimmons
    http://www.persimmonpudding.com

Payment to be made by check or money order or
    ** if using pay pal please add 3% to the final amount for pay pal fee's

Thanks for looking

Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
  2. blueskylen

blueskylen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    WV
    I received the seeds - I am not sure how to leave feedback - but your are a positive seller - item as described and fast shipping.
    i can almost taste my persimmons now!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by