wild bird photographers/ feeders

broody rooster

Chirping
Jul 17, 2015
hey everyone! im new to birdfeeding and bird photography but my goal is to try and get pictures of as many of the native species as possible so far ive been able to get house sparrows, starlings, a pair of cardinals that frequent my birdfeeder, moutning doves, collard dove, robins, mockingbirds, crow and or ravens,scissor tailed flycatchers and the ones i pride myself in are a pair of mississipi kites that were nesting down the road from me, a not so good picture of a red tailed hawk being chased by mockingbirds, a few of turkey vultures and a few uknown birds . i had a few questions
# 1 how do you attract or get pictures of insectivores? ive seen bluebirds and the occasional woodpecker but they never stay in sight long enough to get pictures of them so what do you feed them to get them in sight long enough?
#2 i find it really difficult to get birds of prey is there something that i can do to keep them in sight or attract them?
#3 there is a barred owl( pair?) in my neighborhood and ive only seen it on 2 occasions and i wasnt able to get pictures but i hear them every night and would really like to get photos and im pretty sure i know where theyre nesting but its on someones property
#4 share the photos that you feel most accomplished about getting and give a description like how and when you got it
thankyou !

woops almost forgot i have some blurry swallow pictures, purple martins, and black bellied whistling ducks id like to get a few of the common nighthawk and chimney swifts but the swifts are even harder then swallows to get pictures of! has anyone had any luck using video recordings of bird singing? thats how i got my only good barn swallow picture and a whistling duck.

Back
Top Bottom