Wild Birds

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by NoelTate, Apr 16, 2009.

1. NoelTate

NoelTate Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2008
    Mobile, AL
    Thought I'd share these pics. I live in what was my Grandmother's house. One of the things she left me was a love for plants and gardening. Another was a dilapidated, run-down, eyesore remnant of an old greenhouse that no one has the heart to tear down because it belonged to Grandmother. I currently use what's left of it to store garden implements and assorted crap, most of which ends up being thrown away after being stored for a while. I was in there yesterday, and a bird flew in with a bug in her mouth. She eyed me for a second then went into a really old tin coffee pot that I have hanging from a nail in there. Grandmother used it for watering plants, and I still do the same after all these years. Since it has not been used yet this year, apparently the bird (I think a wren) decided it would make a good home to raise her babies in. I peeked in and saw three of the cutest little babies huddling up being perfectly still and quiet so the giant monster face would not see them and eat them lol It was so neat that I had to take pics. Thought some of you, being nature lovers, would enjoy them. I'm always so flattered when birds are comfortable enough to raise their babies in close proximity of me.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. la dee da

la dee da Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2008
    Virginia
    How precious [​IMG]

3. PitterPaws

PitterPaws Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2007
    Wisconsin
    What a nice surprise! I hope you have other watering cans!

4. NoelTate

NoelTate Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2008
    Mobile, AL
    Ah, I'll just use the water hose...the birds are welcome to them. Having to use the hose is a small price to pay for the pleasure of seeing stuff like that [​IMG]

5. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    Oh yeah. Hang anything like a spreader or a basket on a nail and there they are.... They fledged off my back porch one morning when I let the dogs out. Dogs got half of them. I'd been watching the nest.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by