Wild Canadian geese

Jbrandt000

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 22, 2011
For the past 8 years, a pair of wild Canadian geese come to our place. I have two ponds and the fartherst one I put out a wood box with straw and every year the hatch 6 to 7 babies. After the first year where the parents took off with the babies and after they were all killed, I started putting the whole family in with my geese and chickens. I keep them until the babies start getting feathers and then let them out on the ponds every day and put them up at night. This has been going on 8 years now. Sometimes in the spring, all the babies that were raised here come back too. This year, they finally all left. I will wait until next year to see how many come back again.

Miss Lydia

~Gift of God ~ Eternal Life ~John 3:16
Premium Feather Member
Oct 3, 2009
Mountains of Western N.C.
For the past 8 years, a pair of wild Canadian geese come to our place. I have two ponds and the fartherst one I put out a wood box with straw and every year the hatch 6 to 7 babies. After the first year where the parents took off with the babies and after they were all killed, I started putting the whole family in with my geese and chickens. I keep them until the babies start getting feathers and then let them out on the ponds every day and put them up at night. This has been going on 8 years now. Sometimes in the spring, all the babies that were raised here come back too. This year, they finally all left. I will wait until next year to see how many come back again.
They went in with your geese willingly thats cool, even though it's illegal to have wild Canadians I commend you on helping them survive. .

CelticOaksFarm

Family owned, family run
10 Years
Sep 7, 2009
Florida - Space Coast
Great story, but I wouldn't be quick to tell it too often on the Internet since Canada geese are not to be messed with. You never know who is reading what you write online.

Top Bottom