Wild cat pregnancy

Waves

I feed chickens with italian pizza. No,I'm joking!
Apr 16, 2019
Centre of Italy
Hi all!
I'm feeding a wild female cat that every year becomes pregnant during spring. Two years ago, we found little cats few days old, we thought to not touch them, but she kept the little cats and she brought them away.
We never saw other cats, so we think that her sons/daughters had not a happy ending. Maybe died.
We are feeding her since 2016, but she cant afford if we stay far 2m from her.
We are thinking to buy a trap cage for when she will be pregnant: so maybe we could save the kittens. But i fear that after be trapped and released she will not come here anymore.
I far that she can be stressed to much and go into labor too soon or something can go wrong because of the stress. Have you some advices? I would really like to keep her safe and to give her a family but maybe i would just respect her nature!

Thank you so much :)

What is probably best for her is to capture her and either keep her or bring her to a shelter. Obviously, not all shelters are good options either, but feral cats lead very hard lives. She'll die sooner or later if you don't, and if she's pregnant again you can save the kittens. Catch and release is not a good option here, as she'd just get pregnant again next year.

What is probably best for her is to capture her and either keep her or bring her to a shelter. Obviously, not all shelters are good options either, but feral cats lead very hard lives. She'll die sooner or later if you don't, and if she's pregnant again you can save the kittens. Catch and release is not a good option here, as she'd just get pregnant again next year.
Hi all!
I'm feeding a wild female cat that every year becomes pregnant during spring. Two years ago, we found little cats few days old, we thought to not touch them, but she kept the little cats and she brought them away.
We never saw other cats, so we think that her sons/daughters had not a happy ending. Maybe died.
We are thinking to buy a trap cage for when she will be pregnant: so maybe we could save the kittens. But i fear that after be trapped and released she will not come here anymore.
I far that she can be stressed to much and go into labor too soon or something can go wrong because of the stress. Have you some advices? I would really like to keep her safe and to give her a family but maybe i would just respect her nature!

My vote is leave nature be.

Feral cats should not be allowed to reproduce. Somewhere out there there is a father. You can easily set out traps and take these animals into shelters, where they can be neutered/spayed and released back to their original location. There are whole TNR programs that do this in large scale cat populations. Not only does this keep down their numbers, but it keeps the existing cats from having reproductive issues from over breeding. I suggest that this cat is trapped and taken to a veterinarian to check on her health. If she’s not pregnant, spay her. They will likely keep her there until it heals, but afterwards you can release her again.

Hi all!

Is she very far along. Is she is not far along the vet can take the babies out is not far along.

Back
Top Bottom