Wild Chicken with chicks but what is she?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by kittykat2003uk, Sep 12, 2011.

1. kittykat2003uk

kittykat2003uk Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2011
    Gloucester, UK
    We have a chicken roaming the farm with her 2nd batch of chicks. You cant get near the cockerels to see what they are but managed to zoom in on the camera and get a piccy of her.
    [​IMG]

Good luck..... [​IMG]

2. Animalian

Animalian Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2011
    Australia
    you need to design a chicken trap! lol

3. kittykat2003uk

kittykat2003uk Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2011
    Gloucester, UK
    Thats what the other half said but i said no its cruel she used to being free.. Its like well at least if we caught her she would be safe. But then she used to being free [​IMG]

4. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    She is some kind of game.She looks to be doing a fine job surviving.
    Many people have caged animals that still get killed by other animals.I say let her be....

Last edited: Sep 13, 2011
  5. Lollipop

Lollipop Chillin' With My Peeps

Yup, she`s got some game blood in her. No telling what or how much, but I would let her run free also. If they stert tearing up your garden, then that1s another story......Pop

6. Blue

Blue Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2010
    Virginia
    Definitely some kind of game or game cross. I say let them run loose; they can be your bug hunting squad. [​IMG] I have a cousin who has American games, and he doesn't keep his in any kind of coop, and they still managed to hatch out a huge batch of chicks this year, so now he has at least 50 running around his property. He's trying to get rid of some, but I don't think he's had much luck selling them so far.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  7. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    She's a game or game cross, but her chicks are definitely not from a gamefowl daddy.

8. roocrazy

roocrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    minnesota!!!!
    Quote:how can you tell? i know NOTHING on games. is it the color?

9. Blue

Blue Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2010
    Virginia
    Quote:how can you tell? i know NOTHING on games. is it the color?

I was going by her face/head and her body type/way she carries herself. The color is actually a pretty common color for numerous breeds; we have a barnyard mix that's the same color who's raising a red sex-link x EE chick at the moment.

10. gmendoza

gmendoza Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Rock Hill,SC
    Looks like an american grey game.We had one named Caluah (r.i.p.).Looks like her.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by